Well.. if you will take a moment to look at the time, you will see that while you are slumbering away.. I am busy at work. At work doing what you should ask? Currently I am reading Travel + Leisure "Worlds Most Visited Tourist Attractions". Ohh.. the places I would love to go.. but as I was reading I happened upon #28 the Navy Pier in Chicago. Now that was fun :) I went to Harry Carey's and to the Tiffany Glass Museum, took a picture on the anchor of the USS Illinois. I also braved the WORLDS LARGEST DEATH TRAP OF EVER.. ok so maybe I am exaggerating a little.. but see for yourself.

I really don't know if you know this about me.. But I do not care for heights. I don't like looking at tall things.. and I especially don't like RIDING on tall things.. Like Ferris Wheels and Sky Trains, airplanes and the 202 ramp off of the I17.. I mean its really pathetic. Ask my Mom how I drove over the bridge to get to Coronado Island...just saying. At any rate.. I braved the dreaded Ferris Wheel partly in thanks to the cute little red cup with the very strong beverage that I HAD to drink before I got on.. as if I was going to spill.. come on! Clearly the kid had no idea that I had my liquid courage in that cup.So on the Ferris wheel we got.. 4 people crammed into a carriage. SLOWLY dropping off one group and while loading up another. It was the longest ride of my entire life. I was slightly buzzed from my drink (maybe more like full on tipsy), I was sick to my stomach, I was dizzy and I felt like at any moment I would plummet to my death (yes, I am slightly dramatic as well). The only time I opened my eyes was to make sure that my seat mate hadn't fallen out of our death trap.. I mean carriage. You see she was very nice and offered to take pictures with my camera while trying to snap her own. During her multitasking she nearly dropped my camera and lurched out of her seat to catch it. Ugh what a terrible commotion that caused! That stupid little carriage was swinging back and forth (it is also VERY windy in Chicago, in case you hadn't heard).. good thing that we only went around once. I think a second time would have killed me.

What a beautiful city. I wish I could live there. Stacey would hate it.. Yeah. She would hate it a lot. What a life ruiner. She just doesn't know what she is missing!
Lou Malnoti's....The BEST Deep Dish Pizza in the world. I did bring back two frozen super duper meat pies for her and Paula but its just not the same as being there. I mean if we were living there I would have to try and justify spending $50 for overnight delivery for frozen pizza that cost $10 in their restaurants. I mean I would do it.. Its really worth it. Really. I mean it. Did I mention White Castle? Yeah. Yummy. Especially when its in your Hotel parking lot.
hahaaa....So now you know what I do all night.. I just wasted two hours sending pictures to myself and writing and deleting and re-writing. and now its 4:10am, I think I will go check out pinterest for a while. I love my job :)
No comments:
Post a Comment