Saturday, April 14, 2012

Ombre :)

I went way outside my box today. It cost me, well Stacey cause I left my purse at home, a whopping $25! So what did you do, you are thinking. I bleached my hair! Well... a little more then that, but I sure did it!  At home using TWO bleach packets. Why two.. well you have seen Mexican girls with orange hair, right? I think that has to do with that fact that they are not using ENOUGH bleach.

I sound so professional now. Wow. Pretty amazing.

So I have reading the usual trash mags and apparently Ombre hair is now all the rage. Sara Jessica Parker, Jessica Biel, Drew Barrymore. I love it. I decided last night that I wanted to do it, too. So, I went on you tube and found a million different tutorials and watched about all of them (as you know I am NOT busy at work). It was quite the process.. Because my hair is so dark, I had to bleach my hair twice. The first time It came out looking like Mi Vida Loca orange. See EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE BELOW :)

I used Loreal Quick Blue with a 40 developer, and let me tell you it was NOT quick. I applied the first application for about 50 minutes and the second one for 30 minutes.  After that was completed, I applied my color. Medium Golden Brown ION color 7G-7.3 I think I picked well.
As you can see I was on my way to work when I snapped this. And now I am going to the bathroom so I can take a picture of the back.. I kinda forgot to look at that!
Looking good :)  I think this is actually a good color for me, with my complexion. Im glad that I also purchased a deep conditioning mask.. My hair felt like DRIED HAY after all that bleaching today.

I have really never had my hair crazy like this before. My nails.. of course! Never my hair. I think I like it. Like it ALOT. Ta for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment